SEEK HEAVENLY THINGS RATHER THAN WORLDLY THINGS
Colossians 3:1-2 (ESV): "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth".
These verses encourage believers to focus on eternal, spiritual realities rather than temporary, earthly concerns. It implies us to have an active personal relationship with God, pursuing God as our first priority, to build up a godly value, and character. "Things above" refers to the kingdom of God, righteousness, and the glory of Christ.
As what Jesus also emphasizes in “Matthew 6:33, "But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you". Seek him with all your heart with full humility and God will provide everything for you to find his eternal glory.
Other Related Verses:
· Matthew 6:19-21: Focus on storing treasures in heaven, not on earth.
· Philippians 3:20: States that our citizenship is in heaven.
· 1 John 2:15-17: Advises not to love the things of the world.
Keys to SEEK the things that are above:
S-eek Jesus Christ first, we need a light.
· John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
E-ntrust your life to Him
· John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
E-vangelize yourself with his word
· 2 Timothy 3:16-17All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
· Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”
· Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
K-now Jesus Christ more and more (all the time).
· John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
· Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
· 1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
· John 10:30 I and the Father are one.”
Therefore, all we need to have in seeking heavenly things is Christ Jesus alone, for everything in heaven and even on earth is under his authority (Matthew 28:18). Focus more of Him and no to earthly things because it’s all temporary. We must live in love and with humility, walking faithfully for us to be able to set our minds to the things above where Jesus Christ seated, for his glory and to live for eternity. There is power in His name.
Memory Verse:“Matthew 6:33,
"But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you".
PRAYER:
"Father God, I come before You today to earnestly seek Your face. I confess that apart from you I am nothing. I have tried to handle things on my own, but I need Your direction and wisdom. Please forgive me for the times I have strayed. Lord, I hunger and thirst for You—draw me closer so that I may know You more intimately. I surrender my plans and my will to You. You are my light,my Lord and Savior, guide my steps, fill me with Your peace, and help me to live for Your glory every day. In Jesus’ name, AMEN!
Comments
Post a Comment